Editors and managers can add breaking news banners.
This feature is not available on The Verge.
Breaking news banners are a way of alerting your audience to important and new stories. You can add a banner, then come back to it later to add a link to a story.
Add a banner
From your Chorus dashboard, select Admin and then Home & Hubpages.
- Next to the Front Page Stories heading, select Add breaking news.
- In the Label field, enter a short description like “Breaking news” or “Live video” to appear before the link.
- In the Title field, enter the headline.
- In the optional URL field, enter the full URL.
- Hit Push changes live.
Remove a banner
- From your Chorus dashboard, select Admin and then Home & Hubpages.
- In the Front Page Stories section, hit Clear.
- Hit Push changes live. The banner will be removed from across the site.
Breaking news banners display at the top of your homepage, group pages, and published stories. You can feature a breaking story or link to a livestream, for example.
If you use Chorus tools for hub layout, your organization has the option of setting up a breaking news banner on your site.