Chorus creates a short URL automatically when you start a draft. Prior to publishing, this URL can be useful for scheduled content, like social media posts or newsletters. Once the story is published, it can be used in places where character counts are limited, such as in tweets or iTunes descriptions.
Short URLs will redirect to a site’s homepage before the stories are published because the public URL does not exist yet. When the story is published the short link will redirect to the public URL.
Here’s an example from SB Nation:
- Primary URL: https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2019/3/7/18251453/dallas-cowboys-demarcus-lawrence-nfl-franchise-tag-holdout-leveon-bell
- Short URL: https://www.sbnation.com/e/18015494
Here’s an evergreen URL example from Vox:
- Primary URL: https://www.vox.com/the-goods/21443765/buying-dumbbells-online-expensive-resellers
- Short URL: https://www.vox.com/e/21207806
To get the link from the dashboard:
- Locate your story on the dashboard
- Select the three dots next to the story status
- Select Share
- Select Copy Link.
To get the link from the article:
- Go to the Compose screen under Headlines
- Under Short Link, select the green button to the right of the URL to copy the link