Eater and Curbed can create mapstacks.
Mapstacks are interactive stories with a Google map and various places that relate to a larger theme.
Create a mapstack
To get started:
- Head over to the dashboard.
- In the + New story menu, select New mapstack.
- Add a headline, dek, lead image, and any bylines.
- Add an introduction to your map in the body. You can include formatted text, images, videos, and embeds.
Add map points
Once you’ve created a mapstack, you can add map points to start building out the map.
- Select the Map.
- Search for a location and select it from the list. As you add points to the map, it will update to accommodate them.
- Adjust the order of the points by selecting the North to South or West to East options, dragging the map points into the right order, or updating the order within the list.
- Select a map point or scroll down to add details to each point. You can add the venue’s name, website, phone number, image, and description. Simple text formatting and links are supported in the description.
Note: The address cannot be edited from the map point. If you need to add a different location, remove the map point and add a new one.
From here, you can preview and schedule or publish your map like any other story. You can also copy a mapstack at any time.