Streams are a great way to connect developing stories or cover events like the Super Bowl or the Grammys. You can compose, preview, and publish streams like other stories, but tweeting is not supported.
To create a stream:
- From the dashboard, select New stream in the + New story menu.
- Add a headline, lead art, optional dek, and body text.
- Update the search and social headlines and images.
- Add a story to the stream by searching for relevant keywords or pasting a published story URL. There’s no limit to the number of stories you can add to a stream.
- Head to the Finalize screen to schedule or publish your stream.
- After you create the stream, you can search for it on individual stories under Compose > Tags > Search streams.
Streams are helpful for curating stories for audiences and search engines. If you’re working on a larger stream or planning to cover a topic for several months, consider creating multiple streams with more specific topics or create a group.
- Once a stream is published, the stream list will automatically be appended to any previously-published stories in the stream—no need to republish the stories.
- If a stream and any stories that belong to it are scheduled to publish at the same time, the stream will publish one minute later to allow all of the stories to publish first.
- If a story is added to more than one stream, the last stream in the list will be visible at the bottom of the story.
- Drafts stay drafts until you publish them. Publishing a story that’s assigned to a draft stream will not automatically publish the stream, and publishing a stream that contains draft stories will not automatically publish the stories.