Chorus has powerful version control so you can see what changes have been made to your story, and who made changes at any time.
Stories also save automatically and frequently while you type with Chorus’s autosave feature. You can look for the green Saved checkmark in the upper right to confirm that your story has been saved.
Comparing story body versions
- Look right below the story body section for the version history menu. This will appear as a link that reads “Updated (some time) ago” or “Updated just now.”
- Select this link to go to the version history menu.
- On the left you’ll see a history of when changes were made, and who made changes. On the right you’ll see the version of the story at those times.
- Select Compare to see what’s changed. Additions to your story will show in green, and deletions will be greyed out with a strikethrough.
- You can select Revert to this version if you’d like to go back to a previous version of the story.
Compare versions of other story fields
The story editor also saves versions of the headline, dek, permalink, and additional headlines and descriptions.
To access these:
Go to the field that you’d like to see the history for.
- Select the pages icon on the right side of the field.
- This will show a dropdown menu of previous versions of text in this field, who wrote it, and when.
- You can select an option from the dropdown menu to revert it.