You can adjust the layout of inline components—like images, pull quotes, embeds, and videos.
- Head over to the Layout screen.
- Select Modify (pencil icon) to change the alignment of a component, paragraph, or image.
- To adjust multiple items at a time, select the first item, then use the checkboxes next to each one and apply the alignment option you’d like.
Text layout options
When modifying a block of text, you’ll have options to add a drop cap, make text larger, and add an end mark.
Components and images layout options
- Most inline elements can be aligned left, right, or center in articles. In stories that have been given a feature template, components can also be hung left or right, placed in wide blocks, or set full bleed.
- Product cards can be given special modification options that include different arrangements of product descriptions, buttons, and images.
- If you want to create two-up, three-up, or four-up image grids, learn more about grouping images.
Adjusting the layout of other parts of the page
Other features that you see on the Layout and Preview screens may need to be edited in different ways if you want to change their appearance. Depending on your site settings, you may be able to adjust:
- Group labels - if your site displays group labels to show which groups a story belongs to, these will appear with your headline. You can change the order by going back to the Tags section in Compose, and then removing and re-adding groups in the order you want.
- Right rails - this is a default column of content that provides recirculation to other content on your site. Selecting any feature layout will remove the right rail. Otherwise, you’ll need to make a request with us to change the functionality and appearance of the right rail.
- Link sets - depending on your site settings, these will appear at the bottom of your story as a collection of links. You can change these by selecting different story templates. On a default article it will appear as a vertical list of text links, and on any feature layout it will appear as a banner of links listed horizontally.