Product cards showcase items readers might want to buy. You can link to multiple retailers so readers can shop from their preferred merchants, and adjust the layout to best display each product. Like galleries or sidebars, product cards are reusable.
To add a product card to a story:
- From the toolbar, select Insert > Product card.
- Search for an existing item by name, or select New product card.
- Add a title, name and description.
- Upload or search for an image. Chorus’s standard image specifications apply—we recommend an image that is at least 1800px wide. The select subject tool can be used to highlight the focal point of the product.
- Select Add retailer, and add a name, URL, price and sale price, if applicable.
- Add up to three retailers. The first retailer in the list will control the main price display, including the percent off if the item is on sale. If you need to change the order of retailers, delete and re-add them.
- Select Insert product card.
Note: Chorus automatically appends affiliate tracking information to most commerce links. To make sure the link is recognized as a link to a product and tracked correctly, avoid using URL shortening services like is.gd, bit.ly, or others. When in doubt, check in with your manager. On Vox Media networks, articles containing affiliate links will also automatically display the required commerce disclosure.
Adjust the layout
To change the layout of a product card, go to the Layout screen and select modify (pencil icon). Six layouts are available:
- Landscape image: All available information about the product will display, along with a landscape image with a 3:2 aspect ratio.
- Portrait image: All available information about the product will display, along with a portrait image with a 2:3 aspect ratio.
- Square image: All available information about the product will display, along with a square image.
- Description: No image will display, even if one has been added. The product’s name, price, description and retailer buttons will display.
- Brief: Only the name, price and retailer buttons will display.
- Buttons only: The product’s name, price, description, and image will be hidden so only the retailer buttons display.
Modifying the layout will only change the product card’s display in the current story, not any previous stories featuring the same product. Depending on the selected layout, you might wish to set the product apart using headings, additional images or horizontal rules.