The permalink (or slug) is part of the URL for your story. This field auto-populates with the main headline, but we recommend customizing it further under Compose > Headlines.
- Keep it short. Aim for 5–7 keywords.
- Focus on important terms from the headline and the story.
- Separate keywords with hyphens.
- Make sure it’s unique compared to other stories on your site.
- Publishing timeless content? Make it an evergreen URL before publishing.
You can update the permalink after publishing! Chorus will automatically redirect any previous links to the story when you publish the changes.