SB Nation communities can use clippings.
Clippings are a great way to keep track of articles you want to feature in link roundups. Once you’ve added your clippings via bookmarklet or email, you can insert them into a story.
Use the clippings bookmarklet
- From your homepage, select Quick Admin > Editorial > Clippings.
- Drag the SB Nation Clipper bookmarklet to your bookmarks bar.
- When you come across an article you might want to link to in future stories, select the bookmarklet from your browser menu.
- To quote a specific section of the article in your story, highlight it before selecting the bookmarklet—the highlighted text will automatically be added in the clipping notes.
- Edit the title and notes if needed—the story’s title and description will be pulled in by default.
- Select Add clipping and you’ll be able to add this clipping to a story.
- Confirm your Chorus email address by heading to your profile and select Edit Account & Settings. Clippings can only be added when sent from the private email address connected to a Chorus account that has permission to publish on your site.
- To email a clipping, send the article URL you’d like to clip, along with any notes, to the email address for your community (follow the formula: blogURL@clippings.voxmedia.com). You can add up to five clippings per minute.
- As clippings are added, they’ll become available to insert into stories on your site. If you email a clipping that has already been added to your site, the old clipping will be updated automatically with any new notes or information.
Add clippings to a story
- On the Compose screen, select Clippings from the Insert menu.
- Search for clippings, filter to see clippings you’ve added, or display clippings that have already been used.
- Select a clipping to see the full details, and then insert it into your story, or use the checkboxes to select multiple clippings and insert them all at once.
- Clippings appear on the Compose screen with the title linked back to the original article, along with the article’s description or your notes.
- Once a clipping has been inserted, it will be archived automatically; search for archived clippings to include it in future stories.