If you want to embed a file in a story, you can use a third-party embed provider or upload files up to 100MB directly to the story editor or asset manager. In addition to common image formats, Chorus supports:
- DOC and DOCX files from Microsoft Word
- MP3s (as links only)
When referencing a document in particular, you may want to upload the file directly so it will always be available, even if the original file is taken offline.
Add a file
You can drag and drop files directly into the story editor, or upload them from the toolbar:
- In the toolbar, select Insert > File.
- To upload a file from your device, hit Upload.
- To upload a file from a URL, paste in the File URL and hit Enter.
- Update the title if needed. It will be set to the filename by default.
- Hit Insert file.
The file will be added as a link in the body of the story.
Embed a document
PDFs and Word documents up to 10MB can be embedded directly within a story:
- Follow the steps above to upload the file.
- Copy the URL from the body of the story.
- In the toolbar, select the Embed icon.
- Paste in the URL.
- Select Get embed.
- Once the file loads, hit Insert.
If you want to adjust the alignment of the embed, you can do that on the Layout screen.
Note: Embedding a PDF can cause Apple News and Google AMP errors, so keep an eye out for platform warnings.