If you want to embed a file in a story, you can use a third-party embed provider or upload files up to 100MB directly to the story editor or asset manager. In addition to common image formats, Chorus supports:
- DOC and DOCX files from Microsoft Word
- MP3s (as links only)
When referencing a document in particular, you may want to upload the file directly so it will always be available, even if the original file is taken offline.
To upload video files, visit Chorus Video or use a third-party embed service.
Add a file
You can drag and drop files directly into the story editor, or upload them from the toolbar:
- In the toolbar, select Insert > File.
- To upload a file from your device, hit Upload.
- To upload a file from a URL, paste in the File URL and hit Enter.
- Update the title if needed. It will be set to the filename by default.
- Hit Insert file.
The file will be added as a link in the body of the story.
Embed a document
PDFs and Word documents up to 10MB can be embedded directly within a story:
- Follow the steps above to upload the file.
- Copy the URL from the body of the story.
- In the toolbar, select the Embed icon.
- Paste in the URL.
- Select Get embed.
- Once the file loads, hit Insert.
If you want to adjust the alignment of the embed, you can do that on the Layout screen.
Note: Embedding a PDF can cause Apple News and Google AMP errors, so keep an eye out for platform warnings.